The one poem books were presented to Kathleen A. Correia (Supervising Librarian, California History Section,California State Library) on December 15, 2016 by Don Drake (book designer), Sonia Underdown (Donor), Kate Jordahl (photographer/editor) Carol Henri (poet) for their permanent collection.
The one poem books are a photographic poetry book project by Kate Jordahl. Working with living poets and featuring the photography of Kate Jordahl, the “one-poem books” are a dialogue between poetry and photography.
These books are an ongoing project available by subscription or as single books. Books will be released every 6 months. The publications for 2014 included “Elementary Geography” featuring a poem by Paal-Helge Haugen translated by Roger Greenwald and “Crystal Day” featuring the poetry of Kate Jordahl with an afterword by Sharon Shoemaker. The publications for 2015 featured the poems “Wild Geese” by Wendell Berry and “Forecast” by Carol Henrie with an afterword by Paula Tognarelli, Executive Director and Curator of the Griffin Museum of Photography. 2016 books will feature the poetry of Gary Snyder and Don Drake. SEE MORE ABOUT THE SERIES HERE.
- Visit to Gallery Boekie Woekie in Amsterdam
- One poem books presented to California State Library for their permanent collection
- “Forecast: one poem book no. 4” Poetry Reading/Release Party on Saturday, August 15
- “Wild Geese” Release Party/Open Studio on April 25
- Native American Cermonial Dancers by Kay Franke & Victor Charlo wins PubWest Book Design Awards!